Virat Kohli is the face of Indian cricket Team. He will be the orchestrator of India's rise from the ashes. He will be at the frontline for many more years. His passion, aggression and devotion to the game is unparalleled . Generally we thought that the demise of Kohli's father changed him overnight from a passive man into an aggressive beast. That is not true. He was always this way. But a bit of him did crack that day. He understood that life was unfair. You didn't get second chance. You had to take what was offered to you and hold it tight with both hands. Kohli did just that, and he has never looked back.
As Virat is now in outstanding form in his career, people are normally intersted to know about him. So here we provide some interesting facts about Virat Kohli that you should know. These can help to know your favourite cricketer in a different angle. Let's check-
- When Prem Kohli saw his 9 year old son play gully cricket, he knew the boy had talent. After listening to countless neighbours tell him that Virat Kohli had the potential to make it big, he signed Virat up at the West Delhi Cricket Club. Virat Kohli took the chance with both hands and never looked back. But he knew that his father was his driving force. He never forgot it.
- Virat is called ‘Cheeku’ by his teammates. It was his Delhi State coach Ajit Chaudhary who gave him this nickname after seeing his spiked hair that resembled the Funny Bunny from Hindi comic book Champak’s Cheeku series.
- He had his first crush on Bollywood actress Karisma Kapoor.
- His favourite recipe are Mutton biryani and kheer. Especially when it's cooked by his mother.
- Virat has a great affection on tattoos. He currently has four– two of them on each arm. However, his favourite is one of a Japanese Samurai warrior with a raised sword inked on his left arm.
- There is a Scorpio (his zodiac sign) tattoo on his upper right arm. The third one is a Chinese symbol of faith on his right arm. He has also got a tribal tattoo on his left arm.
- In December 2006, the day Virat’s father Prem Kohli passed away, he decided to bat against Karnataka in a local tournament and went on to score 90. After walking back to the pavilion, he left immediately to his fathers funeral.
- Other than Sachin Tendulkar and Suresh Raina, Virat is only batsman to hit two One Day International (ODI) hundreds before he turned 22.
- During ICC Cricket World Cup in 2011, Virat was the first cricketer to hit a century on his debut World Cup match. He scored 282 runs in 9 innings.
- At 23, Virat was listed as the ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year 2012.
- Virat still holds the record for hitting the fastest century by an Indian cricketer in ODIs. In 2013, he hit 100 off 52 balls against Australia in Jaipur.
- He idolizes South African cricketer Herschelle Gibbs.
- His favourite subjects are English and History.The Government of India presented the Arjuna Award to Virat in 2013.
- He runs The Virat Kohli Foundation for underprivileged kids which shows he believes in giving it back to society.
Check also- Virat Kolhi Contact Number, Address, Email