Virat Kohli is the face of Indian cricket Team. He will be the orchestrator of India's rise from the ashes. He will be at the frontline for many more years. His passion, aggression and devotion to the game is unparalleled . Generally we thought that the demise of Kohli's father changed him overnight from a passive man into an aggressive beast. That is not true. He was always this way. But a bit of him did crack that day. He understood that life was unfair. You didn't get second chance. You had to take what was offered to you and hold it tight with both hands. Kohli did just that, and he has never looked back.
As Virat is now in outstanding form in his career, people are normally intersted to know about him. So here we provide some interesting facts about Virat Kohli that you should know. These can help to know your favourite cricketer in a different angle. Let's check-
- When Prem Kohli saw his 9 year old son play gully cricket, he knew the boy had talent. After listening to countless neighbours tell him that Virat Kohli had the potential to make it big, he signed Virat up at the West Delhi Cricket Club. Virat Kohli took the chance with both hands and never looked back. But he knew that his father was his driving force. He never forgot it.
- Virat is called ‘Cheeku’ by his teammates. It was his Delhi State coach Ajit Chaudhary who gave him this nickname after seeing his spiked hair that resembled the Funny Bunny from Hindi comic book Champak’s Cheeku series.
- He had his first crush on Bollywood actress Karisma Kapoor.
- His favourite recipe are Mutton biryani and kheer. Especially when it's cooked by his mother.
- Virat has a great affection on tattoos. He currently has four– two of them on each arm. However, his favourite is one of a Japanese Samurai warrior with a raised sword inked on his left arm.